Thursday, February 24, 2011

Renovating/Demo Drop Ceiling

Here we go again...had to finish doorway and ran into a problem {yep of course}, had to cut away more of the wall to run new electrical cable from attic.


Well....Shadd said "since we're cutting and the house is already a mess we should do the demo of the drop ceiling NOW,I could use the space to put beam in abouve the doorway" {yea I was happy}...."yea sure,lets do that"!




WOW.....What a mess it turned out to be....drywall dust ALL OVER the whole house. Little white footprints everywhere! Reana,Sierra,Shadd,Me & my Mom had our work cut out for us.Someone fed the kids,entertained the kids,cleaned,cooked,took care of grandpa....until the wee hours of the morning. Shadd knew when to quit,not me. I think I got a total of two hours of sleep a night from friday to tuesday.Of course that didn't help my Mom,she could'nt sleep if I was awake.



I think I've rubbed of on my husband....at least I realized it this night. He just kept going...that Island that I said I wanted to get rid of EVENTUALLY, the one that I just wall-papered until we found or made a new one. Yea...he ripped it out! So, I honestly don't know if he liked the idea of getting or making a new one or just wanted to get this over with all at once?




My Mom finds it funny to watch us debate,plan something,argue ones point,in a deep discussion and through all these years we'd look over and there she is watching us. Awhh...you two are so cute,or you work good together, or smile...I want to take a picture of you {seriously mom, Im debating here}?


Another Lowe's Trip:






Wall paper.......the little people joined in to help throughout the weekend,whenever it suited there interest or if they were asked.They all did really well and we actually had a good time.


Wall Repair will come later....made hole in drywall a little recipe/cooking nook for now! Canned goods,Jams & Jellies this Summer. Yummo...
Doorway is trimmed out {Shadd and Sierra walking through it}yea!
Ceiling is painted,back wall touched up with paint. Ceiling feels alot higher,but doesn't seem like it in this photo.o'well,done for a little while. Happy Birthday Sierra {thanks for all of your help}!

Now...I start my search for the new Island.....I highly recommend having a HUGE one if you have children. I've found myself going to place things on it? Make cookies etc...

1 comment:

Robin Baker - The Blessed Hippie said...

OMG, I would be the crankiest person on the block! LOL