Thursday, December 24, 2009

Traditions


Christmas Eve 2009:
Wow....today was filled with love,laughter,giving and lot's of last minute details {that I will keep private}.
First: I would have to say that we have the most amazing neighbors,any young mother would love to have.I'm very blessed to say the least.
Dolores...has been my friend and slowly converted to a mother figure then soon after that a second mom to all my children.I'd have to honestly say she almost loves them as much as I do.She taught both Reana {my sister} and me how to make tamales and has become a Christmas eve tradition for the past 6 years. Joy...awwwhhhh were do I start she must have been cellies with Martha Stewart,we talk, garden, skeem, colaberate, give, share,collect antiques,started a antique doll collection for Aubrie with the help of some of her wonderful gifts.Not to mention she's part Mrs. Claus,her baking and cooking skills are phenominal {all homemade}.So of course she is a HUGE inspiration to can,start from scratch,farmers markets,and every year plant a bigger garden.
Thank you lady's for being such a huge part of my everyday life and supporting my sanity,when it comes to creatively raising my children in a nurturing,loving,tradition filled life.

Christmas Eve: and the night begins....
~first Hot Cocoa for Santa,Carrot's for the Reigndeer
~one gift in which to prepare for Santa's arrival {snug in their beds}.
~"Twas the Night before Christmas" an old version from 1954 that has been read to all of our children on Christmas eve since the older ones were little. Now Aiden, Aubrie and Cody are just as interested as they were.This includes in past Christmas's Cousins that have spent the night and awaited Santa too...Brandon,Brian & Larissa.
"Sweet Dreams".......









No comments: