Thursday, September 18, 2008

In the eye of the "Storm"

I heard on the News between my daily activities,and kids cartoons that a hurricane was approaching the United States in a few days!...went about my daily routines until Shadd and a couple of friends as well as Bussiness Partners (David and Ray)were already in flight to Detroit Michigan for a Convention they were to attend.Friday night there flight took off late and connecting flight they had missed leaving them to wait at the Chicago Ohare Airport for 10 hours until they boarded the next plane.Mind you by this time it's Saturday morning and the Hurricane is pounding Texas,and on its way to Chicago Ohare which by mid-morning was 6-10 inches under water with no one entering or leaving.Still no call from Shadd only a text saying they had been delayed.At this time I'm a complete mess wondering were they are? Took the kids to the beach and it was then I had received a call from Shadd with the whole story and that they were at the convention but arrived late.They were enjoying there time,but were exhausted,and the weather was "crappy" lot's of rain.The buildings were amazing there very Gouthic like and he'd wished I could've gone to take photos,and that he missed all of us.Sunday afternoon was another day of meetings and here I am at home watching the news again (I was glued to that T.V).There flight is around 11:00 am (2:00pm there time)and Hurricane Ike which has now been catagorized as a Tropical Storm is now headed directley in there path to go through Detroit and be in New York or Florida by Evening.Again no phone calls until 8:00pm(I finally get one)they're in Santa Ana and driving home!Yeahhhhhh(all this time Shadd had been texting but none of the texted had gotten throu)This is why we have cell phones in case of an EMERGENCY!! So glad they're home safe and sound....you don't realize sometimes how much you love someone until something this "HUGE" comes along and could take them in an instant....I love you so much my husband....XoXo's,your Wife

No comments: